Friday, November 17, 2006

KL fashionweek

KL Fashionweek. I love all things beautiful, fashion is no exception.
With couture, life is never prettier.
So, Tuesday saw me, G and J headed to Times Square for the Zang Toi runway show.



I remember strolling into the Zang Toi shop in Sungei Wang say 3 years ago, and walking out not too impressed.
This time, the runway show enthralled me with the atmosphere, the stage, the struts. But still, the collection left me short of awe. I guess the whole batik/kebaya touch + brown velvet theme did not agree with my taste

Yet, looking at ZangToi's runway shows and New York collections bewilder me. They are nothing like his collections found in Malaysia. I have to say, kudos to his NY designs, they possess the krunch. Just take a look:







A show i would have loved to attend (but did not): Melinda Looi haute couture . Couture basically means high fashion, fashion with a twist of theatre. Not the run of the mill day to day wear. Gorgeous

Melinda Looi couture

Another solid guy is Kenneth Vernon



Its definitely good to see KL stepping up to the plate in terms of runway shows. Im just glad we even have it. More couture and Chloe Gucci-like designers please

2 comments:

becks said...

ooohhh you looking pretty babe...... ;) (i see you still using your trusty ol' brown bag too!)

Anonymous said...

schmmi.. you sound like someone who's attempting to write for the fashion section of NW. hehe
allll good, kwinda yea. YOU THINK??!!